Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Day in Tokyo







Well Hello!  It is Sunday morning here and we are getting ready to go Tokyo DisneySea!  Yesterday was a great day.  We went to Asakusa Temple, and all I can say is WOW!!!!  It is the New Year Festival right now, so I think all Tokyo was at the temple.  It is custom for them to go to the temple at this time of year to ask their god for good luck during the new year.  It was SO sad to see hundreds of thousands of people lined up and waiting to go to the temple of a useless god.  As we walked past the crowds of people the song "God of this City" rang out in my heart, and all I could visualize was that the people looked like cattle waiting for the slaughter.  

Oh how that must heart my God's heart to see His creation so lost and mistaken.  Please allow God to break your heart for these people as His heart is broken for them.  My eyes poured as I could only imagine how sad what I saw was to my Heavenly Father.

Please pray for our team.  This is a very spiritually dark country and we need God's armor for His protection.  The team members are SUCH TROOPERS!  And everyone has a great sense of humor. (Even when their leaders says "Let's Go" on a train with less than a minute to change trains!!!!!!)

Thanks for lifting us up to our Mighty God!  I can't wait to share with you the adventures God plans to give us today!!!!!!

May the Land of the Rising Sun, one day proclaim to be the Land of the Risen Son!

1 comment:

Brandee said...

Thank you so much for the vision of your heart. I will think of that as I follow this trip and your new "life".