Friday, January 9, 2009

Back in Tokyo!




We have made it back to the Mets Hotel in Shibuya, Tokyo!  It was a beautiful ride back into the city.  God once again blessed us with some incredible views of Mt. Fuji!!!!!  

I am looking at the full moon and realizing it is the same moon shining on you right now in Huntsville!!!

We had lunch and then went shopping until we could check in, which was after 3PM.  We are waiting to meet with Buddy Brents to attempt to go to my future apartment for a time of prayer.  Then we will have dinner at either TGI Fridays or Outback.  I know what you are thinking (BUT YOU'RE IN TOKYO, JAPAN!!!!!)  I think everyone has had enough rice to last them for quite awhile!!!  The food at Tsumagoi was more adventurous than the options we have in Tokyo, so everyone is ready for some more "American" food.

Thanks to everyone who has prayed for us.  This has truly been one of the most incredible weeks in my life.  God has poured out SO MANY "hugs of love" on me and the team.  The missionaries were so pleased with what the team did for the children, and many new friendships were begun. 

The lady I am standing with in the picture is Sharon Bennett.  She and her husband Mark (and their 3 boys) are missionaries here in Tokyo.  She and I made a connection when I was here in September of 2007, but we got to really spend time talking on this trip and we found out we are both scrapbookers!!!!!!!  WOW!  I had been contemplating whether to pack my scrapbooking stuff, and now I know the answer.  YES!  In fact, she has a room in their house devoted to scrapbooking.  

As we have come to the end of our trip God has taken me back to the beginning of His call on my life.  When I was at Auburn He spoke to me using Acts 26:17b-18:  "I am sending you, to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, in order that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me."  This morning in my time with Him, He took me back to those verses both in my devotional reading and through a friend's note of prayer and encouragement.  It was as if He was saying, "Yes Sharon, I am calling you to Japan.  This is a dark country and they need to have their eyes opened, turned from the darkness, and receive my forgiveness.  Shine my light in this dark country.  These are my children whom I love.  Love them too."

Please pray for me as I prepare to return to Huntsville.  I confess that I want to stay here, but it is not God's timing for me to be here yet.  Please pray for the people of Japan.  God IS at work here and our enemy does not like it.  Please ask God for His hedge of protection around the missionaries here.  The spiritual warfare here is very intense.  Satan has had such a stronghold on these people for so many centuries that he is not letting go easily nor quietly.  Greater is our God than the enemy!!!!!!

Thank you for walking with me on my journey here in Japan during this week.  I will update my blog after I return to Huntsville.  

Let God stretch YOU out of your comfort zone right where you are.  He is calling you to something new.  What will your answer to Him be?

1 comment:

Rroe said...

Hey Sharon,

I'm glad ya'll made it back to Tokyo fine. I know each member of the team had many wonderful experiences and I can't wait to talk with them and see pictures. I know that everyone her is not looking forward to you leaving, but like you said God has called and there is alot of work to be done. Just know that we will be praying for you all the time.

Thanks for everything you have done here, and thanks for the opportunity to get to work with you at Willowbrook.

See you all soon.