Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sunday, March 20 - Now Coming to You From Fukuoka!

Well, we have safely arrived in Fukuoka, Japan! Yesterday was a good day, just very long! We left Tokyo around 11:30am and traveled south/west for about 7 hours to Kyoto. We were in one of two vans traveling together. In Kyoto, myself and the three other singles were dropped off at the Kyoto train station so we could catch the bullet train to Fukuoka. This was my first time traveling by bullet train, and was a little sad it was at night because I couldn't see much of the view. Oh well, being an American tourist isn't the purpose of this trip now is it? So, the train ride was a little less than 3 hours, and we arrived in Fukuoka around 10:00pm. By the time we got to the home where we are now staying it was close to 11:00pm, and I was in the bed a little past midnight. As I said, it was a good day, just very long.

Most of the m's are located in the Osaka area. The four singles and one other family have relocated here to Fukuoka. Again, we do not know how long we will be here. We are all praying that it won't be long!!!!

We did get word that the family from Sendai was able to get on one of the buses provided by the US Government, and should have arrived in Tokyo late Saturday night. This family and another couple will depart Tokyo this morning (Sunday), and head to Osaka to join the other m's there. We are all so thankful they were able to get on the bus from Sendai.

As we traveled yesterday, we stopped a couple of times to rest and fill the vans with gas. It felt a little strange to walk into the convenience stores and see the shelves fully stocked. I haven't seen that in a week. Of course, the further away from Tokyo that we got, the more life was "normal."

Our M host told us on the drive to her house last night, that a beach is not far from their home! I am looking forward to some time with DADDY while I am here, listening to His voice on the water, and feeling His touch in the wind. Yes, I am out of Tokyo, but this is far from over. I realized as I crawled into bed last night, just how tired I was. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. Now, please don't read more into that statement than I am intending to share - I really am great!!!!! It is just that I realized what a toll the events of the last week really did take on me. Last night was the first night in 8 nights that I did not sleep fully dressed. We were having so many aftershocks that I just felt better prepared that way. When I stepped in the shower this morning, I was not worried that another tremor/quake would happen at that moment. Now, these are SO minor compared to what so many people are living with each day. Please do not think I am complaining at all. I am deeply humbled and grateful to have the provisions I do, and to be with a company that takes SUCH good care of it's people! I really am blessed beyond what I deserve!

We will have worship this morning with our hosts here in their home. I am looking forward to worshipping our amazing God with them today. We will have a few days to just catch our breath, and then we will see what each day "holds" after that.

Please continue your prayers for me, the other m's, our Japanese friends who many of us left as we were evactuated, and the many people still suffering in the worst hit areas. Also, a bit of info about the work going on at the nuclear site. I have been told my several friends that the Japanese man in charge of getting the electrical lines reconnected at the nuclear plant is a Christian. We have not officially confirmed this information, but again I have heard it from different/unconnected friends. As I have said many times before, God is at work in this country!

Well, guess I better close for now. Be His witness today in the place He has planted you!


This is the song God has put on my heart today:
"Oh Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds Thy hands have made. I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder; Thy power throughout the universe displayed. Then sings my soul, My Savior, God to Thee. 'How great Thou art. How great Thou art.' Then sings my soul, My Savior, God to Thee. 'How great Thou art. How great Thou art.'

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing; Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in; That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died to take away my sin. Then sings my soul, My Savior, God to Thee. 'How great Thou art. How great Thou art.' Then sings my soul, My Savior, God to Thee. 'How great Thou art. How great Thou art.'

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation, and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart. Then I shall bow, in humble adoration, and then proclaim: 'My God, how great Thou art!' Then sings my soul, My Savior, God to Thee. 'How great Thou art. How great Thou art.' "



2 comments:

Just a Simple Gal - Judy in Huntsville - AL said...

Our God is great, isn't He? So happy you're in a safer place for now1 You and yours are continually in our prayers!

Busy Bee said...

I'm so Thankful you and the missionaries have arrived safely. My prays contend to be with you. My our God give you Grace, Peace & Wisdom during this time.
Peace and Love for my Christian sister.
In Christ Love
Jean