Friday, March 25, 2011

Saturday, March 26

Well, it has been a few days since I last posted an update. There has not been any real new news to share until this morning. We received word early this morning that we are being allowed to return to Tokyo on a voluntary basis. Since it is only 8:30AM on a Saturday morning here, I have not yet spoken with other missionaries about they are deciding to do. Our leadership has spoken at length with an expert in the field of "all things nuclear" (he has even been a source used by Fox News, and CNN over the past couple of weeks) about our situation. They also contacted him last week before making the decision to evacuate. At that time he was 100% in agreement that we should leave based on the information that was given at that time. New information has been gained over the past week, and he agrees that it is safe for us to return to Tokyo.

I don't know specifics of when our return will actually happen, but I do know that I am ready to get back. I have received emails from a volunteer agency I have worked with in the past. This group will be preparing supplies to send up north. Our own IMB missionaries who are currently in Kyoto and Osaka have worked together to prepare rice and other essential supplies, and a few men are taking these things to the areas in greatest need. Those of us in Fukuoka do not have personal vehicles so our ability to help is more limited, but thankfully nothing limits our prayers (except ourselves) and those have been going out in mass supply!!!!!

So, that is the latest from my corner of the world. God is good, He is faithful, and He is answering prayers!!!! Don't miss an opportunity today to tell someone of the deeds He has done!!!!

"When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you. I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterwards you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And being with you, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." Psalm 73:21-28

1 comment:

Caroline said...

So glad you are back "home!" I know this has been a crazy ride, but I am very thankful that God provided all your needs, at all times, in all ways! Looking forward to hearing about "things" soon! :)