Sunday, March 20, 2011

Monday, March 21

It is a rainy Monday morning here in Fukuoka. We will be heading out into our "new" city today to learn how to get around. All of the m's are now safely in new locations. We are all now from Kyoto, south and west to Fukuoka. Please pray that as we settle into our new locations we will adjust quickly so we can also begin to minister to our new neighbors.

Yesterday we had a sweet time of worship together at home. It was good to dig into God's Word and hear how He is speaking to each of us. Nancy asked if we needed the over head light on so we could read better, and I immediately thought, "No, we need to conserve the electricity." Even after a week, a mindset/habit was formed. We went out to eat lunch and then to the grocery to pick up a few "comfort food" items. It was comforting to see shelves fully stocked with food. And the prices are lower here. Confirmation once again that Tokyo really is the most expensive city.

I still have moments when it feels as though the ground is moving. I stop and think, "Is that another one?" It is all in my mind, but it still feels so incredibly real.

The following verses and song were on my heart this morning during my time with DADDY. I wanted to share them because no matter what a follower of Christ is walking through, these can bring His peace and comfort.


"I (The LORD) said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:9b-10

The sky is gray and the light is far
The sea is a rage within my heart
I turn my sight to the crashing waves
I cry in the night just to be saved

'Cause I need eyes to be my guide
I need a voice that's louder than mine
I need hope and I need You
'Cause I can't do this alone

Grace, I call Your name
Oh, won't Your smile fall over me
I'm cracked and dry on hands and knees
Oh sweet grace, rain down on me, I need You, grace

I pray for dawn, a new day to live
I pray for mercy, only Jesus gives
Though darkness falls and a million cry
I believe over all there's a greater light shining for us

'Cause I need eyes to be my guide
I need a voice that's louder than mine
I need hope and I need You
'Cause I can't do this alone

I need You, grace
I call You, grace
I need You, grace
Amazing grace
I need You, grace

"Grace," Phil Wickham

No comments: